Re: network-namespace-aware nfsd

06.10.2011 17:14, Pavel Emelyanov пишет:
On 10/06/2011 05:11 PM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 04:29:51PM +0400, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
Also, do you think per-namespace version support is important?

Actually, yes, I do.
As I see it, nfsd filesystem have to virtualized to provide flexible control for
server features. If so, then we need to virtualize program as well.

ACK - per namespace version control is required as well.

AFAIK it's performed via sysctl-s and this part (sysctls engine I mean) is already
namespaces aware, thus it will not be the hard part of the implementation :)

It's a special file in the nfsd filesystem.  But I assume that won't be
a big deal either.

Well, yes, you're right :)

By the way, I'm curious: as we do this virtualization step-by-step, is
there any way for userspace to tell how far we've gotten?

So for example if you have a system that's configured to use some new
namespace-based feature, and you boot it to an old kernel, is there some
way for it to check at the start and say "sorry, this isn't going to
work"?

M-m... I'd say - there's no automatic way for doing this. What we can (and probably
should) do is - audit the nfs/nfsd subsystems and mark places with
    if (ns !=&init_net_ns)
           return -EOPNOTSUPP
and remove these parts eventually.

Or just use init_net instead of current network namespace (is possible, of course). At least I'm trying to do so.

--b.
.

--
Best regards,