Re: NFS/TCP timeout sequence

Resuming a conversation from last month - it fizzed out and died
without any resoltion...

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:59:12 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:

 trond> Looking at the code:

 trond> v2.6.0: exponential back off
 trond> v2.6.4: exponential back off
 trond> v2.6.9: exponential back off
 trond> v2.6.16: linear back off
 trond> v2.6.18: linear back off
 trond> v2.6.24: linear back off
 trond> v2.6.32: linear back off
 trond> ....

 trond> So I've no idea what you were testing.

I'm going to assume that we're keeping linear backoff and
send a patch which correct calculation of maxint for this case.

 >> So it seems to me the kernel has diverged (perhaps long ago) from
 >> the documentation, not the other way around.

 trond> Nope. The documentation has simply always been inaccurate afaics from
 trond> the above inspection.

And another one to update the documentation..

max