Re: NFSv4 null request and compatibility with netapp

Hi Trond,

On 29/06/2011 18:50, Trond Myklebust wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 16:37 +0200, Franck Eyraud wrote:

Without a trace, it is hard to affirm anything, but please note the
following:
I can provide one, but it is wuite huge (in fact, we are working with big data, and this usually occurs while there is a heavy traffic, but I can't say if this is because of some collisions due to too many requests, or if just statically it happens when there is traffic)
IOW: this all looks to me like a storm in a teacup brought about by a
server implementation that is logging errors in a case where it
shouldn't.
Yes, I agree, this is what I think from the beginning, but our colleagues managing the server are overwhelmed with these messages and can't easily detect real problems; the support from netapp didn't provide a way to avoid the logging of these messages. And since it has been told that the problem is on client side, I was trying to find a solution to that.

Franck