More NFSv4.1 issues [WAS: Re: [RFC] pnfs: Send layoutreturn, if Return-On-Close is set]

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 11:04 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> See the description of the EXCHGID4_FLAG_BIND_PRINC_STATEID exchangeid
> flag. Although we don't set that flag in our exchangeid requests, the
> _server_ may still set it in its reply, in which case we are supposed to
> obey it.
> This is also a reason why sending OPEN and LAYOUTGET in the same
> compound can be problematic.

BTW: We have yet to implement support for BIND_PRINC_STATEID in the
client. One of the more "interesting" issues, I think, is that we
probably want to handle EKEYEXPIRED differently: instead of just
retrying, we should really clear out the layouts (forgetfully - since we
don't have a credential) and reget them.

Note that SP4_MACH_CRED and SP4_SSV might help here, but we're not
guaranteed that the server supports those even if it requires
BIND_PRINC_STATEID.

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer