Re: (k)ubuntu NFS bug

Jim,

Thank you for the suggestions. If I understood right, I should try:

>>> mount -t nfs duke:/mnt/myFiles /mnt/myFiles -O proto=udp

and

>>> mount -t nfs duke:/mnt/myFiles /mnt/myFiles -O nfsvers=3

I tried both of these to mount the NFS files and got the same error message.

Jim Anderson
ezjab@xxxxxxxx

On 04/29/2011 11:02 AM, Jim Rees wrote:
Jim Anderson wrote:

   I did a search on the error message and I found the following Ubuntu
   bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nfs-utils/+bug/656889
   According to this bug report, This is a bug and it is not fixed in
   10.10 final release.

That's unlikely to be your problem since your server does support tcp.  But
maybe you have a firewall problem.  Try proto=udp and nfsvers=3 mount
options (separately).  If proto=udp works, fix your firewall.