Re: Open with O_CREAT flag set fails to open existing files on non writable directories

Hi,

>> The patch adds a conditional statement to check for create permissions
>> only if the file doesn't exist.

> That looks correct to me, thanks.

> It's a bad bug, but appears to be one we've lived with a long time, so
> I'm a bit up in the air whether to submit now for 2.6.39 or to queue up
> for 2.6.40.

As an administrator who is hit by this bug on a daily basis, I would like it to reach 2.6.39. But as I filed the bug, I guess I'm biased :-).

Distributions would like to see this accepted upstream before they consider backporting the fix to their current stable releases.

Regards,

Rik