From: quanli gui [mailto:gqlxj1987@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wed 2011-04-20 11:47
To: linux-pnfs; Halevy, Benny
Subject: [pnfs] pnfs read layoutget

In the code of linux-kernel-2.6.31, we can see that before the read
operation there is the layoutget operation. But in the newly code, for
example, in linux-kernel-2.6.36, before the read operation there only is the
open operation. That meaning that we don't need to get the layout from the
mds? Why remove the layoutget operation before the read operation? How it
reflect on the source code?