Re: different kernels mean NFS4/GSSAPI works or doesn't

Please don't remove people from the Cc list.

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 11:07 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-03-23 10:29 AM, Kevin Coffman wrote:
> >
> > However, that doesn't appear to be the case from looking at the
> > gssd/svcgssd output.  Have you checked the server's syslog for
> > messages about rpc.gssd not running?
>
> Yup.  Nothing there.
>
> > OK.  Thanks.  There is enough info there, even with the redaction.
>
> Ahhh.  Good.
>
> > This shows that a des (enctype 4) session key is being negotiated and
> > delivered to both kernels, so I don't think any of the Kerberos issues
> > should be involved here.  (At least from the user-land perspective.)
>
> Hrm.  So this gets even more interesting (for some values of "interesting").
>
> > I'm not sure what kernel change would be causing your hang ...
>
> Thanks for looking though.
>
> I'm open to any more ideas, debugging info requests, etc. that anyone
> might have.

You said this happens only with RPCSEC_GSS?

Have you tried bisecting, to see which changes caused it? You can
probably restrict yourself to bisecting changes to include/linux/sunrpc,
net/sunrpc and net/sunrpc/auth_gss.

Cheers
  Trond
--