Invisible file problem

I have come on a situation where a file in a directory is not showing up
in any directory listings, yet is still accessible by direct access.  It
shows up in listings on the server but not on the client.  I did a
capture of the NFS protocol traffic, and the file is showing up in the
readdir call results.  If I recreate the directory using the same file
names but empty files, the behavior persists.

I am running vanilla 2.6.37.1 on both client and server, using NFSv4.
The server filesystem is ext4.

Is this a kernel NFS client bug?  Is there anything else I can do to
diagnose the source of the problem, or any way to work around it?

Thanks.

--
Bruce Guenter <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                http://untroubled.org/