server does not abort grace period

Hi,

We're running 2.6.32 (Debian squeeze) NFS4 server and clients.  The
server boots and runs purely from SAN, so we can start it on different
computers.  In case of such "hardware failovers" I'd expect the clients
to quickly reclaim their locks (if any) and thus the server to abort
it's 90-second grace period early.  However, this does not happen,
ruining our HA like, totally.

So, the questions: is the functionality of aborting the grace period
early missing from version 2.6.32 of the Linux kernel?  If yes, is it
present in any kernel version?  If it should work, could someone offer
some advice on debugging it?  If it isn't supported, what's the
best practice of providing highly available NFSv4 today?
--
Thanks,
Feri.