Re: Debugging mount failure with netgroup

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 03:53:44PM -0600, Tom Haynes wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:19:17PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 02:53:06PM -0600, Tom Haynes wrote:
> > > I did google and did not find much on netgroups - but I did find
> > > a bunch on "unmatched host".
> > >
> > > It seems to be black magic from some of the answers.
> > >
> > > And I agree:
> > >
> > > 1) Modified the export:
> > > [root@adept /]# more /etc/exports
> > > /fooper   @adeptya(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,sync)
> >
> > So it was probably the "insecure"?
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention after every step that I tried
> the mount and it failed. It was only restarting nfs
> that worked.

Changes to /etc/exports aren't automatically detected, so you need a
server restart or an exportfs -ra after any change.

> I'd have to check to see what port number the requests
> are coming in on, but I don't think it is this.
>
> And I've actually got the system horked up right now -
> I restarted one time too many. Frustrating as there isn't
> anything logged beyond "unmatched host".

I forgot you said that was the error.  And looking at the code we
actually do have a different message for the port number case ("illegal
port").

OK, so maybe the problem was just that mountd never found out about your
original /etc/exports file?

--b.