Re: Debugging mount failure with netgroup

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:19:17PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 02:53:06PM -0600, Tom Haynes wrote:
> > I did google and did not find much on netgroups - but I did find
> > a bunch on "unmatched host".
> >
> > It seems to be black magic from some of the answers.
> >
> > And I agree:
> >
> > 1) Modified the export:
> > [root@adept /]# more /etc/exports
> > /fooper   @adeptya(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,sync)
>
> So it was probably the "insecure"?

Sorry, I forgot to mention after every step that I tried
the mount and it failed. It was only restarting nfs
that worked.

I'd have to check to see what port number the requests
are coming in on, but I don't think it is this.

And I've actually got the system horked up right now -
I restarted one time too many. Frustrating as there isn't
anything logged beyond "unmatched host".

--
Tom Haynes
ex-cfb