Re: persistent, quasi-random -ESTALE at mount time

On 3 Feb 2011, J. Bruce Fields uttered the following:

> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 08:30:48AM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> I can give you a packet dump from my (completely reproducible) failure
>> with the same symptoms, if you like. (Again, it is fixed by running
>> exportfs repeatedly, each time fixing another few mounts: currently,
>> I have to run it six times.)
>
> That would be great, thanks.  And could you collect the contents of
> /proc/net/rpc/{nfsd.fh,nfsd.export}/content at the same time?  (I think
> you already sent some; but I'd be curious to match them up with the
> packet trace.)  Also, the output of "blkid" might help diagnose any
> problems with uuid's.

I jinxed it. I just recompiled and the problem went away. The only
differences between the old and new kernel are a so-far-entirely-
unconfigured IPv6 setup (so nothing but link-local private addresses, no
routing, nothing) and a new compiler (4.5.x rather than 4.4.x).

Which of these caused the change in behaviour I do not yet know, but
will try to figure out (by turning IPv6 off again and seeing if
the problem recurs).