Re: Block layout rpm

On 11/29/2010 05:26 PM, Jim Rees wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

   "pNFS will work with 32-bit linux and lesser hardware, but the you
   will not obtain the performance benefits of pNFS."

   That's just silly, and, I might even go so far as to say "wrong".
   The benefits of direct-to-storage access, without an MDS middle-man,
   are quite noticable even for 32-bit, underpowered, and/or embedded
   clients.

Agreed.  It used to say 64-bit only, and I added the part about 32-bit
because it does run on 32-bit, but really that should just come out.  I'll
fix it.

Thanks.

I'd also say, with my networking hat on, the VLAN statement is unqualified. VLAN is not necessary for pNFS, but the way the statement reads to me, I get the opposite impression.

pNFS works quite well if you're just a 1U client with a single NIC, for example.

	Jeff