Re: Block layout rpm

On 11/29/2010 04:07 PM, Jim Rees wrote:
I have released a developer's snapshot Fedora rpm of nfs-utils for the pnfs
block layout client, at:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/pnfs/block/

Instructions, as always, are on the wiki:
http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/Fedora_pNFS_Client_Setup

"pNFS will work with 32-bit linux and lesser hardware, but the you will not obtain the performance benefits of pNFS."

That's just silly, and, I might even go so far as to say "wrong". The benefits of direct-to-storage access, without an MDS middle-man, are quite noticable even for 32-bit, underpowered, and/or embedded clients.

	Jeff