Re: Error: state manager failed on NFSv4 server linux with error 127

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 17:41 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> There are 2 cases which can trigger recovery: server reboot, and network
> partition (i.e. a networking fault that causes the client to be unable
> to contact the server in time in order to renew its lease).

Yes, seems two cases which I would suspect also.

> If none of the above apply,

None should be applicable.  Of course I could never know if the network
"blipped" (but highly doubt even that happened) but there should not
have been an outtage long enough to prevent a lease renewal.

> then we need to look at whether it is the
> client or the server that is screwed up.

Yes, fair enough.  I suppose having more than 1 client using the same
server could be sufficient to determine fault at the client or server?
Or is there a more direct route?

b.