Re: when will we be able to use LIPKEY on NFS4 on Linux?

On 2010å09æ27æ 20:24, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> We're likely to drop the requirement that SPKM3/LIPKEY ...
>  SPKM3 mechanism (on which LIPKEY relies) appears
> to contain inherent security flaws that are difficult to fix.

Thanks for the clear answer. We have a few setups where an
infrastructure is close to not possible (Kerberos) thus at the moment we
are deciding between switching to samba for username/password
authentication from NFS or uses the long-expected LIPKEY. samba might
have other inherent security flaws but practically security is not a
priority of our concern at the moment. Your information is directly
helpful for making a decision:) thanks!