Re: Patch proposal for svcgssd

On 09/27/2010 04:29 AM, Eberhard Kuemmerle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we use a two-node cluster (pacemaker, corosync, drbd) as nfs-server.
> We configured a virtual cluster-IP (using ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2, iptables CLUSTERIP),
> i.e. the nfs clients call the server as OurClusterIP.OurDomain.de while the real hostnames of the servers are
> OurServer1.OurDomain.de and OurServer2.OurDomain.de.
>
> If I tried to use the mount option krb5, svcgssd denied the mount with the message:
> ERROR: GSS-API: error in handle_nullreq: gss_accept_sec_context(): Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information - Wrong principal in request
>
> I patched svcgssd that we can specify the principal to use as an option:
> svcgssd -p nfs/OurClusterIP.OurDomain.de
>
> Now, krb5 works fine!
>
> I suggest to include that patch in the main line of nfs-utils to enable the use of krb5 with such virtual IP's.
> The small patch is appended to the mail.
This looks like a reasonable idea... but a couple of nits...

1) There needs to be an update to the man page, in a separate patch, preferably.

2) Please don't make the patch an email attachment, inline it in
   email. See http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/#s1-10
   for details.

3) Please add the 'Signed-off-by:' line after your patch description.

Note, in the next day or so I will be doing nfs-utils release.
If you are interested in having this patch included please repost
it in a timely matter...

tia,

steved.