Re: question about nfs41 features

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 02:30:49PM -0400, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
> I would greatly appreciate it I can get a reply from NFS41 server
> implementers out there on the subject of whether or not the following
> feature are (a) currently implemented by your server, (b) will be
> implemented soon (1year), (c) having interest in being implemented
> within the next few years and (d) are so low in priority that could be
> said: will never be implemented.

This could change depending on interest, of course, but:

> volatile handles
> named attributes

Probably both (d).

> directory delegations
> SSV

I'm guessing (c) or (d).  (I'd be happier if SSV were a higher priority,
but oh well.)

> trunking (session or clientid)

(b)

> segmented file layouts
>
> recall of file layouts
> cb_notify_deviceid

Not sure.

> cb_getattr

(c)

> cb_recall_slot
> cb_notify_lock

Probably both (c).

This list doesn't necessarily get you anyone other than linux
implementors, so you may want to ask on nfsv4@xxxxxxxx or ask people at
the bakeathon.

--b.