Re: linux-nfs.org will be going down for an upgrade today...

On 05/11/2010 03:12 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:07 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning on upgrading the Linux distribution on linux-nfs.org to a
newer release today. Unfortunately, this has to be done during working
hours since I no longer have physical access to the CITI machine room
(and so have to rely on Bruce being available should the remote access
fail).

I expect to start at around 2pm EST (in 1 hour from now). Hopefully the
down time will be less than an hour or two.
During that time, expect no access to www.linux-nfs.org, the git daemon,
wiki.linux-nfs.org, bugzilla.linux-nfs.org or the linux-nfs.org mailing
lists.

I'll send a mail once everything is up and running again...

As feared it took a good deal more time than expected, however I believe
that everything should be up and working again now.

I've found two anomalies so far (and they may be on my end, fwiw).

1. Yesterday, I tried to update the IPv6 working document on the NFSv4 wiki, and the edit failed with a page that said an "internal error" occurred.

2. Today, I tried a "git fetch" against Steve's nfs-utils repository, and it failed with "fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly." I've already verified that I have the latest ssh keys. The origin URL is "git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils" .

Thanks, and no hurry.

--
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com