Re: NFSv4 referrals - custom (non-2049) port numbers in fs_locations?

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 17:19, Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Nov 10, 2023, at 2:54 AM, Martin Wege <martin.l.wege@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> If you keep following the references, you end up with the example in
> >> rfc5665, which gives an example for IPv4:
> >>
> >> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc5665#section-5.2.3.3
> >
> > So just <address>.<upper-byte-of-port-number>.<lower-byte-of-port-number>?
>
> > How can I test that with the refer= option in /etc/exports? nfsref
> > does not seem to have a ports option...
>
> Neither refer= nor nfsref support alternate ports for exactly the
> same reason: The mountd upcall/downcall, which is how the kernel
> learns of referral target locations, needs to be fixed first. Then
> support for alternate ports can be implemented in both refer= and
> nfsref.

Just turn "hostname" into "hostport", i.e. the "hostname" string in
the mountd protocol gets the port number encoded into it. Problem
done. This is seriously a non-brainer, and can be repeated for autofs,
which does not do port number either,

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blancher@xxxxxxxxx>