Re: are multiple FSIDs supported?

Hi Bruce,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:00 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My goal would be to export, for example
>>
>>  /nfs1 & it's subdirs ONLY to LAN box1
>>  /nfs2 & it's subdirs ONLY to LAN box2
>>  etc
>
> Multiple export namespaces aren't currently supported.
>
> I'd like to some day, though I'd prefer to vary the namespace based on
> server ip address instead of by client ip address.
>
> But for now I'd think just something like:
>
>        /nfs    *(ro,fsid=0,...)
>        /nfs/1  box1(rw,nohide,crossmnt)
>        /nfs/2  box2(rw,nohide,crossmnt)
>
> should server your purposes.  box1 will still be able to see that a
> directory named /nfs/2 exists,

There are a few situations where I'm going to have to figure out a way
around this.  I.e., where I don't want boxes to even "be able to see"
other boxes' dirs.

> but it shouldn't be able to descend into
> it.  (And vice-versa for box2 and /nfs/1.)

Thanks for the suggestion and explanation.  I'd seen the crossmnt
option, but didn't understand how it was really different than nohide.

BenDJ