Re: are multiple FSIDs supported?

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:32:44AM -0700, Ben DJ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm building an NFSv4 FileServer.  My goal is to service multiple
> machines on a LAN, each with their own, isolated namespace (I'm not
> sure that's the right terminology).
>
> Reading the man page it seems that only ONE fsid=0 export is allowed
> per server.  And that subdirectories of that root CAN be exported, but
> always under the same/one root.
>
> That doesn't seem like "good isolation" to me.
>
> My goal would be to export, for example
>
>  /nfs1 & it's subdirs ONLY to LAN box1
>  /nfs2 & it's subdirs ONLY to LAN box2
>  etc

Multiple export namespaces aren't currently supported.

I'd like to some day, though I'd prefer to vary the namespace based on
server ip address instead of by client ip address.

But for now I'd think just something like:

	/nfs	*(ro,fsid=0,...)
	/nfs/1	box1(rw,nohide,crossmnt)
	/nfs/2	box2(rw,nohide,crossmnt)

should server your purposes.  box1 will still be able to see that a
directory named /nfs/2 exists, but it shouldn't be able to descend into
it.  (And vice-versa for box2 and /nfs/1.)

--b.