Re: NFS for millions of files

Have a look at these two kernel params - I'd recommend bumping them up
to 128 (they're 16 by default).

sunrpc.tcp_slot_table_entries
sunrpc.udp_slot_table_entries

Keep in mind that this could also be a serialization issue.  If you've
got a 3ms latency, and you're performing all of your opens serially,
you aren't going to get much faster.  If you do the work in parallel
you'll likely get substantially better numbers.

-Aaron