Re: should we make --enable-tirpc the default in current nfs-utils?

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:36:34 -0700
"Muntz, Daniel" <Dan.Muntz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

The build only fails if you have enabled features that require them.
For instance it only requires libgssglue if --enable-gss is on. That
gets turned on by default. You could probably make a case for
turning off the feature of the required libs weren't available, but at
some point autoconf becomes a maze of twisty options and fallbacks.

I suppose the difference here is that there's no real *need* for us to
make configure bail out. The user didn't specify to enable or disable
TIRPC, so presumably they don't care. nfs-utils will still build (and
presumably work) when it's built with or without it.

Again, the question is...is there a legitimate (non-FUD) reason to
avoid building with TIRPC support when the required libs and headers
are installed on the machine?

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>