Re: should we make --enable-tirpc the default in current nfs-utils?

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:09:36 -0400
Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jeff Layton wrote:

Yes, eventually we'll want to make IPv6 support default to "on" when
TIRPC is present. If you look at the code though, there are #ifdef's
for HAVE_LIBTIRPC and IPV6_SUPPORTED. These are currently controlled by
separate configure options, but you cannot build in IPv6 support
without TIRPC.

In the interest of phasing in this support slowly, Chuck and I are
proposing that we enable TIRPC by default now, and keep IPv6 support a
separate option for the time being. Eventually, we'll want to turn on
IPv6 support automatically when TIRPC is available.  I think it makes
sense though to wait until we have some experience with TIRPC support
in nfs-utils before we go all the way with turning on IPv6 support by
default.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>