Re: Link performance over NFS degraded in RHEL5. -- was : Read/Write NFS I/O performance degraded by FLUSH_STABLE page flushing

I'll have to see if/how this impacts the flush behavior. I don't THINK we
are doing getattrs in the middle of the link, but the trace information
kind of went astray when the VM's gor reverted to base OS.

Also, your recommended workaround of setting no_wdelay only works if the
NFS server is Linux, the option isn't available on Solaris or HP-UX. This
limits it's usefulness in heterogenous environments. Solaris 10 doesn't
support async NFS exports, and we've already discussed how the small-write
optimization overrides write behavior on async mounts.

Brian Cowan
Advisory Software Engineer
ClearCase Customer Advocacy Group (CAG)
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
81 Hartwell Ave
Lexington, MA

Phone: 1.781.372.3580
Web: http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/

Please be sure to update your PMR using ESR at
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/support/probsub.html or cc all
correspondence to sw_support@xxxxxxxxxx to be sure your PMR is updated in
case I am not available.