Re: libtirpc and nis

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 10:28 -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2009, at 6:03 AM, Steve Dickson wrote:
>

> > Mike Frysinger wrote:

> >> libtirpc does not provide rpcsvc/nis.h
> >
> > Hmm... I wonder what it would take to incorporate that file into
> > libitrpc...
>
> Alternately, you could disable auth_des on systems that don't already
> have NIS.

Why? It isn't using any NIS functionality here. All that is being done
is to store information in a structure. The following definition is
literally all that should be needed in order to make auth_des work:

typedef char *nis_name;
struct nis_server {
        nis_name name;
        struct {
                u_int ep_len;
                endpoint *ep_val;
        } ep;
        uint32_t key_type;
        netobj pkey;
};
typedef struct nis_server nis_server;

If you want, I can write you a spec, and you can sit down and reverse
engineer it...

Trond.