RE: NFS-CIFS locking

That's true. But consider following conditions,

1. Copy one "1 GB" file to nfs share using command "cp". While cp is
progressing try deleting that file from CIFS share.

2. Copy one "1 GB" file to CIFS share using "Drag n Drop". While copy is
progressing try deleting that file from NFS share

What I would expect in these scenarios is "user should  not be able to
delete the file under copying".

I assume linux "cp" implementation will not lock a file under copying
(At least I didn't see any fcntl / flock calls on tracing cp).

So I assume this is quite normal in Linux environment (file in use at
one place can be deleted from another shell). But in a mixed environment
windows client will expect an open file to be protected from being
deleted.

Is it possible to achieve this?.

Thanks
Anoop