Re: Problem with NFS and XEN

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 04:32:18PM +0200, Roger Marcus wrote:
> Trond:
>
> BINGO!!!!
> That was good!
> Thank you thank you.
> Does this mean that if I recreate the subdirectory, I have to do something to
> re-exportit? like exportfs -a nfsclient:/adir

No, no need.

The kernel has its own cache of the export table, and asks mountd when a
client tries to access a filesystem that it doesn't have a cached export
for.  The "exportfs -f" just flushes that kernels cache, without
changing mountd's idea of which filesystems are exported.

So the next time a client tries to access that filesystem, the kernel
will get the export information back from mountd (and the filesystem
will become busy again).

--b.