Re: PATCH: Support binding to a local IPv4 address when mounting a server.

Chuck Lever wrote:

Would lockd also need to have this information too (passed in via nlmclnt_inet)?
I found an fs/lockd directory, but cannot find 'nlmclnt_inet' anywhere in the kernel or nfs-utils.

Would we also want kernel rpcbind requests to be sensitive to the passed-in bind address?

It seems from searching net/sunrpc dir that kernel_bind is called appropriately which should bind the a local addr if correct information is passed in, at least. This must be working (assuming NFS calls this code eventually) since I *am* getting at least most of the NFS traffic
correctly bound to the specified bindaddr.

I wouldn't be surprised if the binaddr isn't being configured in the lockd properly, but I'm not yet sure of how to get that information to lockd since I just started looking
at that code...

Thanks,
Ben

--