redundant reverse DNS on NFS mount or umount

I've a problem where reverse DNS is being done by the NFS server.
This is very problematic when the DNS server goes away.
As far as I can see there should be no lookups being performed
because I've nothing in /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} and just
numeric hosts in /etc/exports.

I can simulate this easily by putting a bad nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf
and restarting the nfs server. Any mounts will take then take ages.
Others seem to have had this issue as well, but possibly with
non numeric names in /etc/exports:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-nfs&m=110977757630297&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-nfs&m=111015343008456&w=2

Here are my config details:

# rpm -q nfs-utils
nfs-utils-1.1.0-6.fc8

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search company.com
nameserver 192.168.2.110

# cat /etc/exports
/home   192.168.2.25(async,rw,all_squash,anonuid=500,anongid=500)

Any ideas appreciated.

cheers,
Pádraig.