Re: NFSD IPv6 support for 2.6.29

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:24:46AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:

>>   Hi,
>>   I get an issue with AIX used as client in front of the above
>> snapshot used on a linux server.
>>
>>    Doing the following on the AIX side:
>>
>>      mount -o vers=4 nfs4gb:/ /mnt/nosec
>>      cd /mnt/nosec
>>      mkdir rep
>>      cd rep
>>
>>      the command "ls" will fail with the follwing error on the AIX
>> side:
>>    "kern:err|error unix: Client encounters unexpected
>> NFS4ERR_BAD_COOKIE error from server"
>>
>>     The problem happens with IPV6 and IPV4
>
> This is probably an issue with NFSv4 proper.  Bruce?

Somebody needs to look at a network trace of the above commands, and
find the request that got the BAD_COOKIE return.  It should be to a
readdir request.  Check whether the cookie the client provides in that
request was in fact returned from a previous readdir--if so, this is
probably a server bug, if not, probably a client bug.

Also note there's known problems between an AIX client an linux NFSv4
server when the exported filesystem is ext2 or ext3; xfs, for example,
should work.  (The problem is inadequate ctime resolution on ext2 and
ext3).

--b.