Re: gssapi and nfs4

Hi

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So, as I stated previously, I've migrated a few of my mounts to nfs4
> with gssapi to solve the limit of 16 supplemental groups issue with the
> SYS security model.
>
> I have taken notice of the gssapi export specification:
>
> /mnt/data       gss/krb5i(<export_options>)

In general, the instructions at the CITI web site will be useful.

>From http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/using-nfsv4.html:

Mounting and exporting krb5

To mount a filesystem using krb5, provide the "-osec=krb5" option to mount.

To export a filesystem using krb5, add the export option "sec=krb5".
(Note: if your kernel is older than 2.6.23, or nfs-utils older than
1.1.1, you will instead need to export to a special client named
"gss/krb5".)

> So with gssapi, gone is the concept of limiting exports to ip/netmasks
> as well as exporting to different machines (as identified by
> ip/netmasks) with different export options.  Is that correct?

So instead of using the old "gss/krb5" which indeed did replace the
ip/netmasks list, you can now specify the use of gssapi with an export
option, and still set ip/netmasks.

-->Andy