Re: Kerberos authentication Problem with nfs3/4

On Oct 18, 2008, at 17:59, Guntsche Michael wrote:

nfsv4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would be the right
place to ask about this.

Is it possible you could be hitting this?:

	http://linux-nfs.org/pipermail/nfsv4/2008-October/009365.html

Apparently this never made it to the list, but only to myself and Bruce :)

Coming back to the problem. In my case the domain name and realm are the same. I'll try to find out, where the problem is triggered exactly.

Ok, the problem has been solved. It was a configuration error afterall. The problem was that per default this was set in idmapd.conf

Domain = localdomin

The new version if the library read this one first and of course this led to problems. There are two possible solutions here.

* Change the Domain entry in the config file
* Remove the entry, then a DNS lookup is made

In both cases mounting the export with krb5 works without any problems.

Sorry for putting so much noise on the list.

Kind regards,
Michael