Kerberos authentication Problem with nfs3/4

Begin forwarded message:

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 18, 2008 17:30:37 GMT+02:00
To: Guntsche Michael <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kerberos authentication Problem with nfs3/4

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 05:03:26PM +0200, Guntsche Michael wrote:

On Oct 18, 2008, at 14:57, Guntsche Michael wrote:

Hello list,

I had my kerberised NFS4 and NFS3 setup running in test mode up to the
end of April.
After seeing that there have been changes made to the recent code to
make NFS3+Kerberos working without sec=sys I tried to mount my exports
again with kerberos auth enabled.

Ok, I found the problem. Downgrading libnfsidmap to 0.20 makes the mount succeed, with version 0.21 it does not work. To make sure that this is not due a debian patch I downloaded the pristine source of both versions
and checked it again.

According to the AUTHORS Bruce Fields is working on this library, so I
will try to contact him to work out why 0.21 is not working on my
system.

nfsv4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would be the right
place to ask about this.

Is it possible you could be hitting this?:

	http://linux-nfs.org/pipermail/nfsv4/2008-October/009365.html

Apparently this never made it to the list, but only to myself and Bruce :)

Coming back to the problem. In my case the domain name and realm are the same. I'll try to find out, where the problem is triggered exactly.

Kind regards,
Michael