Bug in NFSV3 ACCESS Procedure reply

Hi all,

I noticed a bug in the access rights of a NFSV3 ACCESS Reply. If a
directory was created with only write permissions for the owner (chmod
200 directory), we expect the modify, extend and delete bits (access =
0x1C) to be set for this directory in the reply to an ACCESS RPC call
with access = 0x1F send by the owner. Instead the NFS server on Linux
returns an ACCESS Reply with access set to 0x0 (none of the bits were
set). I tried checking this against Solaris server and it returns the
expected access rights 0x1C. The Linux server I was using for testing
was 2.6.9-1.667smp and the Solaris server was SunOS 5.8
Generic_108528-22 Ultra Sparc-IIi.

Please let me know if you need further details regarding this issue.

Thanks
Dilip Kumar