mount issue with Mac OSX and --manage-gids, client hangs

Hi

I have a nfs debian amd64 server, with a few linux clients that is
working well. I recently tried to attach a mac osx (10.5 Leopard)
client.

Everytime I attached it would hang when i attempted to use the mount

on the nas box I have this line in /etc/exports
/exports/shared
-async,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,insecure,mp=/exports/shared
192.168.8.0/22(rw)

I mounted with this command

mount -t nfs -o rw,async,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
nas.hme1.samad.com.au:/exports/shared /mounts/shared

I then tried

df -h &
ls -l /mounts/shared &
umount -f /mounts/shared &

all the commands failed to return, I could not kill them with -9, I had
to reboot

I have attached a tcpdump (tcpdump -pni eth0 ether host
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -s 9100 -w
nas.capture.dmp) on the nas box

a copy of the dumo is at www.samad.com.au/~alex/nas.capture.dmp

I tracked it down to --manage-gids - when I remove this from
/etc/defaults/nfs-kernel-server everything works fine.

Note though, the UID's, GIDs are not synced between the linux box and
the mac box. so the 2 users I have on the mac box uid 501 & 502, do not
exist on the nas box

I read that manage-gids was a means of handle a uid with more than 16
gids and it was protocol compliant, so I have opened a bug report with
Apple, and opened a bug report with debian

I have had a quick look at the source code, but it looks more like
something that is in the kernel.

Is there another place I can log a bugreport for this ?

Thanks
Alex