Re: server rdma todo's

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:21:40AM -0400, James Lentini wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
>
> > I've got a few very small server-rdma todo's lying around; would you be
> > the right person to help with them?
> >
> > 	- Documentation on nfsrdma security issues.  (Examples of setup
> > 	  that would be secure, under what asssumptions, etc.)
>
> What document would this be for?

I'd put in in Documentation/filesystems/ somewhere, maybe with the rdma
howto?

> Is there an example of the format for TCP or UDP?

No.  I assume (possibly I'm naive) that we all have some idea what the
security model is for tcp and udp.  Rdma seems to be very different,
hence worth some explanation.

A more general "linux nfs security issues" document might be a good
thing to do some day....

> When do you need this by? We should involve Tom Talpey in this, but he
> is away on vacation this week. I think Tucker is on vacation this week
> too.

It's not urgent.

> > 	- Fix Kconfig rmda help to mention server too.
>
> Tucker or I could do that. Which Kconfig did you want to update?

I was just thinking of the SUNRPC_XPRT_RDMA help text.

> I also need to incorporate Chuck's suggestions into the updated
> NFS/RDMA readme.

OK!  The latest version I have is what's in the for-2.6.27 branch:

	git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git for-2.6.27

--b.