Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mtd tree with the vfs-brauner tree

Hi Richard,

richard@xxxxxx wrote on Tue, 31 Oct 2023 12:30:40 +0100 (CET):

> Christian,
>
> ----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> > Von: "Christian Brauner" <brauner@xxxxxxxxxx>

> >> Yep, let's try this route. :-)
> >
> > Is there anything for me to do? IOW, do I need to grab that patch or
> > not? :)
>
> No, just keep Jan's patch. (-:
>
> Miquel, we could also keep ff6abbe85634 in the mtd tree and explain Linus the
> conflict, what do you think? That would help with back porting to stable.

It's not relevant if the patch in Brauner's tree is already fixing this
up. Just send the smaller patch to stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx asking them to
backport this patch instead of the other one, they are used to this
kind of constraint, no?

Miquèl