Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mtd tree with the vfs-brauner tree

Christian,

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Von: "Christian Brauner" <brauner@xxxxxxxxxx>

>> > Yes, that's one of the cases where stable rules make life harder for actual
>> > fixes... You can try pushing ff6abbe85634 to stable even if it is not
>> > upstream since it fixes a real bug and taking the upstream solution is
>> > indeed IMO too intrusive. Sometimes stable maintainers accept such fixes.
>>
>> Yep, let's try this route. :-)
>
> Is there anything for me to do? IOW, do I need to grab that patch or
> not? :)

No, just keep Jan's patch. (-:

Miquel, we could also keep ff6abbe85634 in the mtd tree and explain Linus the
conflict, what do you think? That would help with back porting to stable.

Thanks,
//richard