Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kvms390 tree with the s390 tree

On 1/24/23 6:19 AM, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
hAm 23.01.23 um 20:02 schrieb Anthony Krowiak:

On 1/22/23 8:12 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvms390 tree got a conflict in:

   drivers/s390/crypto/vfio_ap_ops.c

between commit:

   0daf9878a799 ("s390/vfio_ap: check TAPQ response code when waiting for queue reset")

from the s390 tree and commit:

   bedac519eefa ("s390/vfio-ap: check TAPQ response code when waiting for queue reset")

from the kvms390 tree.

They seem to do the same thing, so I used the version of this file from
the s390 tree as it's commit is much newer and has other changes to this
file i.e. I effectively dropped the kvms390 tree commit.

That's odd, the patch series posted to the kernel mailing lists did not have both of those patches. I think the problem may have occurred because there was an earlier version of the patch in question that was used to debug a problem in our CI. That patch should have been reverted prior to installing the latest version.

Yes, that patch was part of the kvms390 tree and it was old. I removed it. Sorry for the left-over
The one in the s390 tree is the correct one:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230118203111.529766-3-akrowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
is now
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=0daf9878a7990058e74025493820bce0f67654c4

this should be ok now?