Re: next/master boot: 179 boots: 11 failed, 167 passed with 1 offline (next-20180731)

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 09:11:40PM +0200, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> > Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> hat am 1. August 2018 um 18:02 geschrieben:

> > (something in your mail client or workflow mangled the commit log here).

> > I'm somewhat suspicious of this result given that that commit has been
> > in -next rather longer than one day

> The boot issue exists in sound/for-next since 2018-07-18 [1], which is
> shortly after this commit.

So did something change in mainline that caused this to trigger?  I note
that there's been the other DMA issues with these platforms and MMCI so
I'm wondering if there's something going on with the DMA here.

> > and the board doesn't visibly have a
> > sound card in mainline (there are some I2S controllers in there but no
> > card to use them).

> The BCM2835 has HDMI Audio from vc4_hdmi. After removing the dma-channel "audio-rx" from the DTS the RPi boots properly even with the patch above.

> Any ideas to investigate the issue further?

Testing with things like the lockup detector enabled might show where
it's stalled out.