Re: GENERIC_GPIO considered deprecated

Hi Romain,

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Romain Naour <romain.naour@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> When I read your mail, I was surprised that you were speaking about GPIOs, my pathes for samsung CPUs are intended for timer sub-system.
>
> As you can see in this thread, when I send my patches "ARM: S3C24XX: Add samsung-time support for s3c24xx" and "Add samsung-time support for s5pc100". They didn't add "select GENERIC_GPIO".
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14980
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14982
>
> There is something wrong with the commit, I see that "select GENERIC_GPIO" was added in my patches by mistake.
>
> I recommend you to speak directly with samsung's kernel maintainer that I CC in this mail.

Indeed, it seems like these "select GENERIC_GPIO" have been added
during the merge of your patches, since I can see the line is here in
your patch (but not added by it). Kim, on the current next there are
two of these "select GENERIC_GPIO" that are added from your branch,
could you amend the patches that adds them such as they get changed
into "select ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB" instead? You can grep for "select
GENERIC_GPIO" in arch/arm to find the offending lines. We are removing
GENERIC_GPIO and this work cannot be merged until you do this since it
would break ARM builds. Thanks!

Alex.