Re: GENERIC_GPIO considered deprecated

Le 21/03/2013 03:15, Alexandre Courbot a écrit :
Hi Romain,

I have submitted a series of patches that deprecates the use of
GENERIC_GPIO as a first step towards the consolidation of GPIO around
gpiolib. The goal of this set of to remove all "select GENERIC_GPIO"
instances and it should be merged into linux-next starting from today.

I noticed that your patch "ARM: S3C24XX: Add samsung-time support for
s3c24xx" adds two new selections of GENERIC_GPIO - would you mind
changing them to "select ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB" for consistency with my
change? The result should be the same on your side.

Thanks,
Alex.

Hi Alex,

When I read your mail, I was surprised that you were speaking about GPIOs, my pathes for samsung CPUs are intended for timer sub-system.

As you can see in this thread, when I send my patches "ARM: S3C24XX: Add samsung-time support for s3c24xx" and "Add samsung-time support for s5pc100". They didn't add "select GENERIC_GPIO".
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14980
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.samsung-soc/13432/focus=14982

There is something wrong with the commit, I see that "select GENERIC_GPIO" was added in my patches by mistake.

I recommend you to speak directly with samsung's kernel maintainer that I CC in this mail.

Regards,
Romain Naour