Re: Breakage from ARM when building x86

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Russell King <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 04:44:53PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
>> Either this needs the headers fixing or should be protected by an ARM
>> config, not sure which
>
> At a guess, this is from linux-next ?
>
>> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c: In function ‘twl_probe’:
>> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1218:2: error: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘irq_alloc_descs’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1226:2: error: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘irq_domain_add_legacy’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>> drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1227:11: error: ‘irq_domain_simple_ops’ undeclared
>> (first use in this function) drivers/mfd/twl-core.c:1227:11: note: each
>> undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears
>> in cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>
> This has nothing to do with me ;)  You're not the first to report it today.
> I'm told by OMAP people that TWL gets used on x86 as well so it can't be
> restricted to just ARM.
>
> This is probably due to the irq domain stuff coming out of Grant's tree.
>
> So no, really not anything to do with ARM.

This is irq_domain related.  It's related to an API change.  I'm
tracking to get it solved, either by moving the twl commit into the
irqdomain branch or by deferring the api change to v3.5.

I've also got a patch that converts x86 over to the new api, but I
don't have sufficient review to put it into the irqdomain tree yet.

g.