FW: Please include modem_shm in linux-next

Hi Stephen,

> That is not a URL I can pull ... git://... please

Sure, I'll give you a proper URL next time.

> I don't like adding new trees during the merge window.  If this code is
> for v3.4, please ping me after v3.3-rc1 is out.

This is more likely to go into v3.4 - so if you don't take it now I'll ping
you later.

> Is the code in the old
> xshm tree going to be sent to Linus Torvalds during this merge window?

I might have to harvest more "Reviewed-by" before sending a merge request
to Torvalds, so v3.4 is more likely.

> I just had a look at this new version (I used
> git://github.com/sjurbren/modem-ipc.git branch for-next to fetch it) and
> there seems like a large amount of churn in the code if it is to be
> merged this merge window.   Also, the last patch (that adds the cif shm
> driver) you effectively change the module name of an existing driver - I
> am not sure what impat that will have on existing users.

Yes, I see - the restructuring in drivers/net/ is too big for this merge window.

> I would also like to hear from Linus Walleij ...

Regards,
Sjur