Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tracing tree with the parisc tree

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 22:32 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Kyle,
>
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:50:34 -0400 Kyle McMartin <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > What's the optimal way to sort out multiple branches in this tree?
> > Apparently Andrew is cross with me because the rtc-parisc branch didn't
> > get picked up... Should I put a list of branches in my kernel.org
> > public_html or something?
>
> I am not quite sure what you are getting at.  If you have multiple trees
> (or branches in a tree), I can merge them separately into linux-next -
> just tell me what they are.

Actually, the traditional way for a multi branch tree (something like
Jens' Block tree) which contains all manner of branches, some of which
are experimental and shouldn't be in linux-next, is to have a next
branch into which you manually merge all branches that should be
included.

James