Re: linux-next: perfmon3 tree build failure

Hi Stephane,

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:16:32 +0100 "stephane eranian" <eranian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All problems have been fixed in my linux-next tree.

Excellent.

> For sched.h, it is a bit more complicated because of Itanium.
> On Itanium, there is an older version of perfmon called v2.0. It used
> to use CONFIG_PERFMON but that clashed with new perfmon also
> using the same macro. So my first patch renamed CONFIG_PERFMON
> into CONFIG_PERFMON_V20 for Itanium. In sched.h however, the pfm_context
> field is used by both the legacy Itanium v2.0 and new perfmon. The fix is
> to add this field if either CONFIG_PERFMON or CONFIG_PERFMON_V20
> is set.

This is why I prefer to leave fixes to people who know the code :-)

> I also made the changes for fsuid and fsgid.

Great.

> Just pull from my linux-next tree again.

Will do.  I automatically refetch all the trees before each time I create
the linux-next tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx