Re: e100/netconsole: Failed to load firmware (Re: linux-next: Tree for November 3)

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 19:00 +0300, Alexander Beregalov wrote:
> # CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL is not set
> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE=""

OK, so you didn't include the E100 firmware in the kernel, so it only
actually manages to bring up the E100 after it's mounted the root file
system, not in time for the console?

If you set CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL, does it work?

I think that's fairly much expected behaviour. I wonder if there's a way
we could make it slightly more intuitive though.

David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx                              Intel Corporation